This first project was supposed to be a black and white spot newspaper illustration about dreams. Originally I wanted to draw a succubus about to attack, but decided to go a more traditonal route that would appeal to more people. Also, my teacher told me he could see that I really had a personal connection to a succubus. He had only known me for like a week, plus I don't think I act like that at all, so I was pretty offended. Anyway, obviously the basic idea for this is a child's room morphing into different animals and such while she's sleeping.

This next project was for a magazine cover about love. I think this is pretty self-explanatory. I did it with prismacolor pencils which are pretty waxy. It's been in my car for a long time so the wax has created a weird film over it in areas. You can kind of see that on the right.

This project is one of my favorites. It's kind of hard to see in the picture what it is though. The assignment was to put an animal in a human situation or make an animal into a vehicle. I kind of combined both and drew a pig in a cop's uniform as a helicopter flying over a pot field. The dark parts are the marijuana bud, which is what is actually smoked. I thought if I left those off, it wouldn't be as funny. They're too dark. I just think that combatting marijuana smoking is a colossal waste of time.

This is one is my very favorite. It was supposed to be self-promotional piece, but since I don't believe my illustration skills are as strong as my graphic design skills, I don't plan on using any of this stuff for my portfolio. I decided to have more fun with it. I also considered it my opportunity to make myself look really hot. I particularly like the little comic strip at the bottom. The redneck portrayed may be inspired by a real person.

So I'm kind of wishing summer school would start. I have about another week and a half. Thanks to some anonymous donors, I was able to register for a mythology class that will count as my last English credit. I'm pretty excited about the course, hopefully it will be interesting. I've always been interested in different myths from different cultures and how they influence our lives even today.
I've also decided that I need some distractions. According to Napoleon Dynamite, girls like guys with skills, you know like numchuck skills, computer skills...conversely I'm guessing guys like girls with skills. I don't really care that much about that, but I have decided I'm going to workout again. I've lost most of the weight I gained after high school, however, there are a few pounds that are staying just to spite me. I just want to get in good shape. I don't feel like I'm strong enough or that I could defend myself if something happened. I mean, I can handle myself in a fight if I know it's coming, but probably not if I was attacked or something. I'm also a little terrified by the fact that my fibromyalgia seems to be getting worse and worse every year. So I think I'm going to work on that. Hopefully if I get into good shape it won't be aggravated as badly.
2 comments:
You clearly have talents I don't. I can't even draw. I particularly like the "love" one. Look forward to hearing about the mythology class. I've never been able to take such a class, but the content has always interested me.
I want to go on record that Matthew is a liar- I happen to know that he can too draw dispite his ongoing claims to the contrary. Unfortunatly I gave him the proof I had which was a colored pencil drawing from one of the drawing classes we took together.
On the other had I totally get where he is comming from. Seeing how god you are intimidates me too =)
Post a Comment