Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My day started out pretty crappy. I woke up at 6:30 AM to try and finish my impossible reading for my Mythology class. This chapter was primarily about Dionysus and it was very, very boring. I also had to do it without my glasses because I couldn't find them. It's pretty hard to find glasses when you're not wearing them. Sometime after I began reading, the construction across the street began. Lots of banging, trucks backing up, that kind of thing. Then my stupid neighbor let their puppy outside. I should say shut their puppy outside. The thing was barking and whining forever and it sounds like it is right outside my door. Eventually they let it back in. When I went outside to leave for school the construction people decided to completely block the outlet on my road. There are only three houses on my road and we pretty much all exit out the same side. So, I had to try and turn my SUV around on a pretty narrow road to go out the other way. Walking to school some people decided to block my path because whatever they were doing with their kids was so much more important. I got to class and found out that the majority of people failed our test on Friday. I was pretty sure I did badly because even though I asked if there were essays and the teacher said no, he still put three on the test. To me you have to study completely differently for essays. Anyway, a lot of people got 45s or 55s. Only one 91, which was the highest grade. And it was mine. Yippee!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Looks like all the early morning myth-reading is paying off. Good for you! It's always nice to have the highest grade in the class.

Dad said...

Congratulations on the grade. At least you were already awake and had not stayed up all night reading and then get awakened by all the noise. My eyes do not work well enough to read in the morning, as is the case with me thinking you wrote "My dad started off pretty crappy." I knew that could not be true, since I am such a wonderful guy. Except for the large amount of reading the class does sound like fun. So I guess you need to tell the professor that your father says to lessen the amount of reading he is requireing.

Dad said...

Congratulations on the grade. At least you were already awake and had not stayed up all night reading and then get awakened by all the noise. My eyes do not work well enough to read in the morning, as is the case with me thinking you wrote "My dad started off pretty crappy." I knew that could not be true, since I am such a wonderful guy. Except for the large amount of reading the class does sound like fun. So I guess you need to tell the professor that your father says to lessen the amount of reading he is requireing.