Sunday, September 03, 2006

"The Most Fun You'll Ever Have At The Library"

That would be one of the restaurant's advertising slogans. Last night I worked my first weekend night by myself. It was CRAZY!! Thank goodness the App v. NC State game wasn't televised or it would have been unbearable. As it was there was a group of 30 that called and weaseled an invitation out of the General Manager. We're not really supposed to do reservations. They told him they were a group of lawyers getting together to watch a game. They showed up and appeared to be an average of 17-years-old. Some of them couldn't speak English. Luckily I wasn't their waitress, but it caused everything else to get backed up.

My customers were mostly pretty nice. One table came into to drink and listen to the band of the night. It was close to closing time and I asked them if it was all one ticket. They said yes and literally during the 30 seconds it took me to print their ticket they all booked it out of there. I went outside and asked who was paying. They tried to play it off like it was an accident, but come on...consequently they didn't tip me anything. The girl I was working with had two tables walk out on her. I also took care of the band. They ran me ragged getting them beer and Coke or whatever. They wanted me to sit on one of their laps to take a picture for their website. Then they only tipped me $9 off of an $81 dollar tab. Yeah, thanks.

There was a group of three guys from Raleigh that were all pretty nice. One of them left his debit card. And his phone number. That situation is a little weird. Nobody ever hits on me and they had been drinking...I left the card behind the bar and called a few minutes ago to let him know where it was. His ringback tone was some kind of orchestral music. I'm sure Josh would know it, it's pretty common, but I just don't remember. It caught me off guard I always expect some kind of rap music after I hear the, "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached." Anyway, he said he had just picked it up so I don't guess it was a pickup to leave it. Although Megan and I agreed it would be a pretty clever way to pickup somebody. A little risky, but clever.

3 comments:

Dad said...

What fun it is to be young! I am glad I am old and have a broken hip.

Terra said...

That would have stressed me out to have a table try and leave with out paying the tab.

So do you think you like working there?

Matthew said...

17 year old lawyers, eh?

Glad you didn't get stuck with the stupid bill. Wackos.