Thursday, May 14, 2009

Class is in Session: First Period

You know, it's exciting to see that even after college I'm still learning things. Here are a series of conversations I've had in the last few days:


Nutrition


Person A: "Why do you eat tofu? I mean, why do you want to eat fake meat?"

Me: "I prefer to look at it as real soy."

Person A: "But I mean, it's not natural."

The next day with someone else

Person B: "What did you make vegetable soup? Wait no, you're vegan now aren't you?"

Me: "I don't understand how vegetable soup isn't vegan."

Person B: "I told you I'm drunk. I can't believe I just said that though you should just shoot me in the face."

World Issues
(While watching a performer from Rwanda on American Idol promoting a charity)

Person B: "I don't understand...what is this? What is he?"

Me: "Haha...seriously?"

(After having a conversation about being of Lebanese descent)

Person B: "Oh my gosh, so I went to the tennis courts today to throw the ball around with Chloe. And, I know we weren't playing tennis and she's just a dog but these A-Rabs came up--I'm not being very politically correct, but I don't know what to call them so I just say A-Rabs--and they just started playing tennis."

Me: "Um..."

Person B: "I mean I just don't know what to call them I guess their Islamic or something."

Math
(After hearing that there were 88 million votes this week on American Idol)

Person B: "Wow. That just shows how many people don't have lives in America."

Me: "That doesn't mean 88 million people voted."

Person B: "I know. It was probably, like, half that amount of people voting ten times."


Patience

(After getting off the phone with Megan)

Person B: "Who was that, Grayson (a guy friend of mine)? Hehe."

Me: "My sister."

Person B: "Haha. You're gonna get pissed at me soon, aren't you?"

Me: "Probably."

Manners

Me: "We're allowed to chew gum here? I've never been allowed to chew gum at a job."

Person C: "Even a restaurant job?"

Me: "Especially a restaurant job."

Person C: "Yeah I guess it's kinda rude, but I just think 'Hey if you're gonna eat in front of me I'm gonna smack my gum in your face.' It keeps me from eating."

4 comments:

Megan said...

i really wish you would wear a camera. you have the funniest conversations and even though i am pretty sure i now what your face looked like i'm not sure others do and it adds to the hilarity.

Mary Ann said...

You really have a good ear for dialogue. I, on the other hand, can't even remember what I say most of the time.

Terra said...

I agree with Megan...we should cancel one of the boring reality shows and just show your conversations.

Matthew said...

The nerve of those people playing tennis on a tennis court.