Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Well I met my goal of going to all my Krav classes last week. I went to five and had 13 bruises by the end of it. A few you couldn't see, but I could certainly feel. One of them is about four inches long and three inches wide and was caused by a very small pinch to the skin. I'll probably try to go as many as possible this week too, because I still don't know what my schedule will be. It's kind of annoying actually.

My last day at Red's was yesterday. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but there is a tradition to throw people in the creek the restaurant is set on when it's their last day. No one would do it because they didn't want to be physically injured. I kind of wanted them to at least attempt it to see if I could cause any damage in a real situation, but alas, no takers. It's something I think about a lot though. I don't know if I could actually use the things I'm learning because I know how much they would hurt. I mean I would have to be in some serious danger to implement an elbow to the face, a palm strike under the chin, or a scissor kick to the knee. I know people in there that use this stuff when bar fights are picked though. I'm just not that angry anymore. I guess during my teen years when I tried to calm down because I realized all the boys were too scared to ask me on dates I just learned to walk away before I hit that point.

But I digress, I have the whole week off before I start my new job. What to do, what to do. I could go visit the fam in Rock Hill, work on design stuff, make my five year plan so I don't have to invent one on the spot when asked about it...Maybe all of them? Meh. I'll probably just watch TV.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

These Krav classes are sounding very interesting. I doubt I can find any around here, but there was one in STL... Maybe in the summer.

Don't bother with a 5 year plan, only communists do those.

kat said...

Well someone has been trying to convince me I'm a socialist so why not a communist? I just feel the need to focus a little more. It's harder to achieve goals when there aren't time constraints like in school. Not that I miss those because I DO NOT.

I think you'd really enjoy Krav a lot. This is the official website http://www.kravmaga.com/. You'll be in the states for two weeks in the summer? That's enough to at least cover some basic moves. And of course if anyone ever decides to visit me here he or she is welcome to come to my classes. Mine not because I teach them, but because I'm the most awesome person there.

Matthew said...

That does sound fun. Yeah, we are planning on a long stay this summer, so that is a possibility.

Terra said...

Your description of Krav Maga has me looking into classes here in Olympia- seems like a fairly constructive way to vent hostility...