Friday, May 19, 2006

General Update

So I guess nothing crazy has happened in Morganton lately. At least I haven't heard about it. My friend is doing well. She's getting a new job and an apartment for her and her daughter. That's a relief, we're very close so I always worry about her. I started "working out" again the other day and am now very sore. I put that phrase in quotes because I don't really think what I do qualifies as a workout. I can't really do anything too strenuous seeing as how I'm an 85 year old woman. I did my Budokon home workout which is about 20 minutes of yoga and 20 minutes of karate kicks and punches with a meditation session at the end. I believe it helps me with my flexibility, which I am quickly losing, and I like the meditation at the end. I've never really been very sore from it before so I guess that shows exactly how out of shape I am. I plan on hopefully doing my New York City Ballet workout tonight. It's not quite as fun as Budokon, but it also helps with my flexibility and is something a little different from yoga. Plus, I'm taking Ballet 1 in the fall as my PE so I think it will give me a little jump start.

In other news, I just got a message from DJ's best friend wanting me to call him back. Even though I am still friendly with DJ, I don't really want to talk to this person. He makes me feel pretty bad in general, so I don't think I'll call him back. That makes me feel guilty too. I'm a little surprised that he called me at all. I thought he knew I don't really like him. I confuse myself. I feel like I'm very upfront with people and what I think about them, but it seems like a good percentage of people just don't get it. DJ and Robert, the guy in question, have always been the type of people that think that no matter what they do, if they wait long enough the injured party will get over it. They've known me for over 4 years now so I don't know why they think this philosophy applies to me. It's befuddling. I think I'm making the right decision not calling him back.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Morganton has a bizarre effect on people. I'm glad I'm not there any more. Sounds like the excercise is off to a good start. I've never really been great shakes at meditating. I tried self-hypnosis for a while, but I don't think it ever worked.

Mary Ann said...

It is really strange how exercise changes how I feel. Its positive influence is undeniable, which makes it all the more strange that I have trouble stiking with it over long periods of time.

Terra said...

Ditto to both comments and to Kat I totally get where you're comming from.
The other day Angie (from the Rob and Angie saga) IM'd me and wanted to "be friends again" - I thought I had been pretty clear about how I felt but I didn't want to be un-needfully harsh - but still had to explain to her that I was ok with where I was and had no interest in being their friend. It mad me feel like a mean person to turn down an offer of friendship. They also have the theory that if they wait long enough it will all be ok again. What about me would make someone think that would work with me?