Monday, December 11, 2006

Food for Thought

1. Standard gratuity is 18%
2. If you put your silverware on your plate and pile all kinds of napkins and other crap from the table, that means your waitress will be in the back fishing the silverware out and getting her hands disgustingly dirty. She also may not have time to wash her hands post-fishing expedition.
3. If a waitress comes to your table and asks, "Is everything ok?" and one person asks for something, go ahead and tell her everything you need so she doesn't have to back three or four times for random crap like ranch, lemon, ketchup, etc.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Woah! When did it stop being 15?

Terra said...

I tip 10%-20% usually 20% unless they suck and then it drops to 10%. I knever thought about the lack of hand washing time and now my skin is crawling =(. I do try and tell my waiter all the things I need so they can do it one trip.

Josh said...

ranch.. ugh

Dad said...

Food for thought!

Matthew said...

Why is it that this only shows up today in my blog aggregator? harumph

Well, the 18% is good to know. I also thought it was around 15. Still, I believe in being nice to service workers, so I guess when I thought I was overtipping I was getting it close to right.