That's right I'm old. If you want to get technical about it, I wasn't carded on my 21st birthday either, but still. I haven't done too much today, but I had some fun last weekend. A couple of my friends came into town and we went to downtown Charleston to celebrate. We had a nice dinner and bar hopped a little bit until we ended up at the Kickin' Chicken. It might not be classy, but they were friendly and we didn't have to yell at each other to be heard so I was good with it. I kind of had to remind the others we needed to get a cab home which was a little frustrating and then by the end of the night/early morning (6ish or so) my friends ended up making out with each other and finishing my roommate's bottle of wine. At least they had fun.
I have realized in the past few days that I'm too old to continue life how I have been. The job I have now is frustrating for just oh so many reasons, but just to give you some examples the other night I was given one of the worst sections in which some strange man dubbed "Magic trick guy" decided to sit. He ordered a large cranberry juice because of those darned DUI laws around here. He likes beer though so don't worry as does his cat who is an alcoholic according to him. I guess I wasn't friendly enough because he never did any magic tricks for me like he has done for the other girls. That night I also got a number from a chubby 30-something-year-old who was sitting at the bar listening to his mp3 player and dancing to the tunes in his head. I was also asked by management to snake the drain in the women's room because I didn't seem busy. You can imagine my face when any one of those things happened.
The fact that my shifts have been cut back is a little disconcerting to me but I am taking this opportunity to finally compile my graphic design self-promotion and portfolio so it's not all bad.
At any rate I'm planning to finish my bottle of champagne in celebration of being 25 and pretending like I'm getting my life together. Cheers to the road ahead!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! and happy thoughts to getting what you want out of life!
2 things:
thing #1: kickin' chicken is fantastic
thing #2: happy day after your birthday
Good luck with your portfolio and future plans. This is bound to be a big year for you.
The kickin' chicken is indeed fantastic. Plus, the bartender was named Kat which automatically meant she was amazing.
Post a Comment