Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Smoked That S--t Like a Two Dolla Blunt

So I got my Praxis score today for my Art Content Knowledge test and I got a 190!!! Just so you know the magnitude of that here are some figures to go by:

Passing is 149.
Average is 160-180.
The highest you can score is 200.

Needless to say I'm not going to bother retaking this test. Quit while you're ahead, right? Now I just have to take the Art Making section, which I'm not nearly as concerned about. I mean if 12 years of art training aren't enough to get me to pass that test, then I have not place teaching art. There is an essay section as well, but I'm usually pretty good at essays so that shouldn't be too bad either. I'm hoping that with a high score it will give me more of an edge even though I'm applying for jobs later in the summer. If only I had a respectable GPA to accompany the score. I might actually make the impression I'm intelligent.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Congratulations! You're not intellegent- you're brilliant!

Mary Ann said...

Wow! That's such good news. It's nice to have that in your favor going into the job hunt. Good for you!

Matthew said...

That's really good news!