Tuesday, May 05, 2009

One Day My Life Will Be Legen...Wait For It...

I still haven't been feeling any better. That was a little surprise to me since (earmuffs to the boys) I was pretty sure I was depressed just because of my severe PMS. It's gotten pretty bad since I'm not on birth control anymore (ok I'm done). Anyway, my mood just really hasn't improved so I guess I need to figure out something else. I'm kind of tired of hanging out with myself. I'm really just not that interesting.

This past weekend was kind of fun though. A friend from middle and high school came to see me. We went out and had a good time despite the awkwardness of not seeing each other in seven years. We met up with a girl he knew and she was a character. She was definitely the hippiest girl I've met down here yet. She's actually about to move here from Wrightsville Beach so I guess that's why. At one point she said, "Hold on let me find my patchouli." I thought I misheard her until she pulled out a perfume stick and put it all over herself. I almost couldn't breathe. That is one of my least favorite smells I can think of.

Yesterday my good friend from The Library came to visit. She lives in Arizona now and was in town for her cousin's wedding. We had a lot of fun walking around historic Charleston. It's easy to forget how beautiful it is when I live in icky shopping district Mt Pleasant. Looking at all the architecture and landscaping prompted some discussion about personal style and some Eames furniture I want to one day own and how I want a crystal decanter set one day.


Ginny was making fun of how old I sound, but she also kept saying I could register for some of those things when I get married. She is in a serious relationship. I have not had someone I've called my boyfriend in 2 1/2 years. I think it would be creepy to jump to thinking about the wedding registry. Next date I go on I'll go ahead and tell the guy, "Oh, and don't worry, I've already registered for us. I'll just add your name to the heading."

How I Met Your Mother came on last night and I've been pretty disappointed with the writing since the writer's strike, but I watch it anyway because it's a compulsion. Plus, I want to know who the mother is. This episode revealed it. I was mad. It is stupid Elliot from Scrubs. Or stupid replacement Becky from Roseanne. Otherwise known as stupid Stella from How I Met Your Mother. The actual episode is about how you have to be at the right place at the right time for certain things to happen in your life. It's an idea that has already been explored on the show and is also something that most people already realized. That aside, Jason Segel is hilarious on the show. He plays Marshall and there was a moment on the show that made me belly laugh to the point that I startled Jamie's dog. Don't worry she didn't pee everywhere. Anyway it's really just the second graph from this clip that made me laugh.


2 comments:

Megan said...

that is awesome! i love the idea. i think next time you come to a family function you should have a bunch made up. how about one that graphs how much people think you care about what they are saying vs how much you actually care. hehe.

Mary Ann said...

I hope you get that decanter . . .