Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ah, Facebook, You've Done It Again

I had planned on taking a break from my self-deprecation and boohoo pity party to write a comparison on Mondrian and Lil Wayne/T-Pain, but that will have to wait. I know you're upset, but don't worry I will make Mary Ann faint soon enough. Instead I have to take a few deep breaths to prevent hyperventilation so I don't faint myself.

I was "studying" for my praxis in the morning. I have my art making test and I was gathering my thoughts about my work when I checked my e-mail hoping my sister-in-law might have sent me all the answers I need. She didn't, but I got a message from facebook from a long lost teacher. It was actually really nice to hear from him, but I digress from my point. I was looking at the newsfeed, ok if you have to call it procrastinating you can, but the point is that I stumbled across an entire album of DJ and his son that his sister put on Facebook. Now, I kind of feel like this was a personal attack towards me. She befriended me on facebook a couple of months ago and so of course she would have known I would see them. I literally started shaking and had to catch my breath. "Noah Pics" it was called. "Noah Pics" as if it was the most natural and casual thing to plaster all over Facebook. DJ isn't even on Facebook there was no reason for these pictures to be put up whatsoever. The thing is, I guess it was a natural and casual thing. They are pictures of her brother and nephew.

I was a little upset with myself at first that I even allowed these pictures to have such an effect on me, but then I thought more deeply about it. That family was so important to me and these were pictures of not only DJ with the boy, but DJ's Dad and also Britney holding him. I'm actually still shaking. I thought that family was my family until all of them rejected me the minute Britney got pregnant. Everyone but DJ's Dad. I mean it retrospect it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me besides being kicked out of the house in high school, but it has effectively made it impossible to forge any kind of real relationship again.

So, I guess I'll have to defriend his sister. I can't subject myself to that situation any longer. I think I will tell her why. I haven't fully decided, but I think someone needs to understand the magnitude of what happened. I'm fairly certain that if I ever saw DJ again I would punch him in the face, then the knee him in the balls and while he writhed on the ground I would spit on him then kick him as I stepped over him. Yep.

4 comments:

Doug said...

While we're on the subject of Facebook again, I'd like to revisit the pictures from your night out. I like all of the ones with you and this look of confusion/disapproval. It's a look I see a lot, mainly because I say lots of really dumb things, but I've come to appreciate it.

BuT mY fAvOrItE pArT iS tHe WaY yOuR rOoMmAtE lAbElEd EvErYtHiNg LiKe ThIs!

Was she listening to a Brittney Spears album while she was uploading her photos? Did she stop half way through tagging people to watch an episode of Sailor Moon? That Tuxedo Rose sure is something else.

Mary Ann said...

Yeah, I'd unfriend her, but I wouldn't explain it. There are some things that some people can just never appreciate, and trying to make them appreciate it? It just never works.

kat said...

Doug, I know. I ThInK iT MeAnS We'Re HaViNg FuN. Wow that was kind of hard. Don't you remember learning that in typography. Barbara's website is all typeset like that. I think it was more likely that she was listening to Fergie. Big Fergie fan.

Mary Ann, I decided that too. I tried for years to get DJ to understand what he was doing, but in the end nothing made a difference and I was making myself miserable. I can't even believe I'm giving any of my time and energy to this situation.

Terra said...

how is everything going for you?