...Well Israeli. And hopefully it won't come to blows with my readers. This is getting confusing. The point: I'm taking Krav Maga classes! I love them. It's a really good way to let out my frustrations, get back in shape, and learn self-defense. I was pretty nervous going into it, but my instructor is really personable and good at relating everything I learn to real life situations. He had me at, "Let's hit stuff."
For those of you who are a little lost Krave Maga is a form of Israeli street fighting developed in the '30s. It has since been adapted for both civilian and military applications. It's become popular in the United States because it is such effective self-defense for women in particular. It really focuses on disarming your opponent no matter their size and effectively getting out of compromising situations.
I've signed up for two intro classes and my next one is tomorrow. After that it's a little expensive, but not too bad considering I'm getting trained by an accredited institution and there are several available classes throughout the week. It averages out to about $10 a session. We shall see if that is workable, but as of right now I'm pretty much willing to do whatever to my budget to afford it.
Also, fun tidbit for Joshua and Doug: My instructor is a 3rd degree black belt in Chuck Norris's form of Karate, Chun Kuk Do.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I took a really great self defense class in Germany, taught by police officers. It was empowering, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Chuck Norris doesn't hold a candle to George Washington. He's got a wig for his wig and a brain for his heart, he'll kick you apart...he'll kick you apart.
Post a Comment