I bought this shirt to wear to my next Krav Maga class. OK, not really. Things kind of imploded with him. It's actually really uncomfortable. To the point where I don't even really want to go to class. Hopefully that will subside as most hormonal issues do.In other news I'm getting quite the reputation around the workplace for being a creepy stalker. It's largely due to the fact that I get really bored at work and say inappropriate things to the bar backs, bartenders, and one specific server. I thought they would know by now that I was just kidding, but that is not the case. One guy in particular has become a little skiddish around me after I asked if I could smell his sweat band. In my defense that comment was exacerbated by the fact that apparently someone told him that I find myself staring and him. I confronted the situation tonight and told him that it's really frustrating when these rumors get spread because I come off a lot creepier than I originally intended. He seemed to find it really funny and interesting that I intended to be creepy at all. I mean you have to do something to pass the time when mindlessly serving people disgusting food.
The Creepy Comment Syndrome is becoming a problem for me though. I've tried setting a goal to go a whole shift without saying anything inappropriate. That goal has yet to be attained. My suspicions of this being a serious problem were confirmed when one server told another that I licked a bottle opener after a specific bar back touched it. That story was actually believed. When I told them that it really hurt my feelings that this story was believed he said, "Well I just thought for a split second it was one of those quirky things you might do to be funny." Um, gross. Come on, I might ask to smell someone's sweat, but I have standards.
2 comments:
This so parallels my professional career.
Wow sister! At least you are interesting enough to have a reputation.
Post a Comment