1- I've been redecorating my apartment. I'm pretty much doing it solo because my roommate has atrocious taste and would put rubber duckies and zebra print everywhere if I let her. That isn't an exaggeration either. I'm probably putting more money into than I should right now, but I'd really like to have a nice apartment for once in my life. I'll post pictures when it comes together a little more.
2- I'm trying to get a grasp on my plans for the near future. I feel as though I can't move forward with my design work until I invest in a digital SLR and even an entry level one will put a dent in my savings for the winter. Not that I've really managed to save much. The restaurant I work at is slowly but steadily dying off as it becomes fall. Money hasn't become a problem yet, but I'd rather not wait until it is a problem. Should I stick with waiting tables and hope I get some money together to afford to get something else going? Should I try and get a desk job that isn't as hard on my body and has a steady paycheck? IDK, LOL, WTF, BRB...
3- I'm also pretty annoyed with my place of employment because they refuse to let me be a bouncer. I know this sounds ridiculous, but anyone who really knows me knows I would make a phenomenal bouncer. I have a forbidding look, I'm well-versed in conflict resolution methods, and if all else fails I am now a trained fighter. Unfortunately, I am also female which apparently means they won't even talk to me about it. The guy that hires the bouncer said I have to knock out one of the managers that probably has about 80 lbs on me. I'm pretty sure I could still do it, but this manager refuses to fight me on the basis that I am a girl. Infuriating. Then, one of the actual bouncers keeps walking up behind me while I'm working and tries to provoke a fight with me by poking me, knocking me sideways, or some other type of obnoxiousness. Finally I put all my stuff down got in my fighting stance and told him I was ready to go. I said he couldn't fight me because he would laugh the whole time. I told him that was offensive and he just made me really angry. He came up later to "apologize" by saying what he meant was that he would be laughing because he wouldn't be able to take it seriously. I said once I threw an elbow in his face he might take it more seriously and I was still pissed off.
The thing is that I brought up my being a bouncer half jokingly, but the second they shut me down so abruptly I got really annoyed. The management said I look to friendly and lack in the stature needed to do the job. This is completely ludicrous to me because my whole I've been told how intimidating and unapproachable I am. I feel like me efforts to be friendly in a new environment have backfired. Also, these guys are the worst bouncers I've ever seen. They just wander around and hit on girls and talk to the underage hostesses all night. I can do that.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have $20.00 on you in any fight.
I concur.
And not to sound creepy, but I'd love to lay down that bet. I'd pay good money to see you medieval on someone. That being said, I'm going to be in Charleston over New Years.
I think you would make a good bouncer.
Post a Comment