Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Because I'm so Eco Right Now

Samantha asked me what I wanted for my birthday even before her birthday. As you all know by now I don't really want things most of the time. If you do want to do something for the occasion here are some ideas:

1) Donate to these charities:

Plant a Billion Trees

This charity is a subcharity by The Nature Conservancy. It focuses solely replenishing the trees in the Atlantic Forest within the next seven years

OmniPeace

Don't let the fact that Lindsay Lohan wears the shirts deter you. This organization is working to eradicate poverty and disease in Africa by 2025. I do also like pretty much all their clothes and accessories if you want to buy something material. Except for the tie-dyed stuff. Gross.

2) I am also still trying to get money and time together to go on a volunteer adventure trip. My plans to go after graduation were kind of ruined by my useless surgery and my overwhelming need to get the hell out of Boone. So, if you'd like to donate money directly to that fund I can give you the account info.

3) There are a few items I would like from this organization and home furnishing store.

Drying rack

Hanging Drying Rack


4) I would like these books, but never really buy them for myself for some reason.

Fingerprint
: The Art of Using Hand-Made Elements in Graphic Design
Fantastic Folders
1,000 Bags Tags and Labels

How to Be a Graphic Designer Without Losing Your Soul


5) If you want to buy me something more fun I would like to start a teapot collection. I pretty much like all ceramic and metal teapots. I don't especially care for pottery with earthen glazes and whatnot. I like pretty things. There are almost always pots on etsy that I like. And their inventory is always changing.

6) I do still collect vinyl records so if you come across one I would like at a yard sale or something you usually can't really go wrong. Famous last words.

4 comments:

Terra said...

hmmmm. What kind of music on vinyl do you like?
Those charities look like good ideas too. I must say that your "wish list" is very helpful :)

Megan said...

i think i will give you old wrapping paper.

Mary Ann said...

I love these ideas. Thanks for sharing

kat said...

If you could find some Miley Cyrus on vinyl that would be ideal.