Thursday, July 09, 2009

Alright, It's Like This...

So I can hear you talking and I know that what you're saying in reality is that it's so difficult for you because your ex-boyfriend's friend keeps calling you and he's a bad guy and you know he's a bad guy, but your ex-boyfriend said to be careful about him, but you're not an idiot you can tell a bad guy when you see one and there isn't enough alcohol in Charleston for you to try anything with your ex-boyfriend's friend. What I'm actually hearing is that you realize the guy you tried to leave me with at a bar is a bad person and even you wouldn't do anything with him. I say "even you" because you don't seem to have such discerning taste. Let's face it, you crave attention from men and thrive in it. Everything you do is for that attention and to be completely honest, I find it deplorable and often repulsive. With every spray of your myriad of perfumes and air fresheners, I dry heave a little more. At least you have found a good guy friend to hang out with. As you put it, "It's just nice to have a guy friend that isn't into you. See, he's into black girls."

And every time a conversation is occurring that may not even involve you and you insist on announcing that you're tough because you had a boyfriend that beat on you for eight months I want to scratch my eyes out. I would like to make it clear that dating someone who would beat you neither makes you a good judge of character, nor does it make you a tough person to allow it to occur for eight months. Perhaps I'm callous and judgmental and those are things I should work on about myself, but I hope that I never become so desperate for attention that I say things simply for sympathy or to trump the rest of the conversation.

I returned the shoes you liked. Not because you liked them, but because when I showed them to you and you asked me how much they were, you reveled in the fact that they were exorbitantly expensive. By saying you were proud of me for spending that money made me realize how ridiculous the purchase was. As your mother said, you make over $50,000 a year at 24-years-old, so she must have done something right. I'm 25-years-old and make about $11,000 so I probably wasn't even worthy of the purchase to begin with. But, at least I don't still call my mom, say I'm broke, and beg her to come for three days so she can take me out to eat and fix me dinner.

I want to live a life that I can be proud of. I'm not looking to take care of myself until I find someone that can take care of me. I want a career that helps others in some way and if I'm lucky I'll get paid a respectable amount.

But, continue living your life of superfluous spending and opulence. Continue to say how busy you are because you have a full-time job and then lay out in your spare time. Continue to live your life in ignorance, because if ignorance is bliss, then you must be the happiest person on earth.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I wish it was September already.

Megan said...

hehe. i was just picturing her face all confused looking while you said that to her.

Matthew said...

She has an amazing world view.