So something else has happened in Morganton. A 17 year old girl disappeared and when her family tried to file a missing persons report the police said no because she probably just ran away. A few days ago she was found, naked and beaten to death behind a young man's house. It is unknown at this time whether she was sexually assualted.
I didn't know this girl, but apparently we knew some of the same people. I just can't believe that this much violence has occurred in a town that was once considered one of the top ten places to raise a family in America. That wasn't that long ago. It makes me sad because while some of you don't like Morganton, it's what I consider home. When I feel lonely and stranded up here I go to Morganton and almost instantly feel better. Now it's like one Law & Order episode after another.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a weirdly large amount of violence going on down there. I wonder what the deal is.
Dad told me about her- not about the police refusing a mission person report- at least the family will be rich after the law suit is over.
While I don't want to live there I too like to go back and visit. it's just nice knowing where everything is, how everythign works, all the rules...
Post a Comment