Saturday, May 27, 2006

Oh, to be Threeish Again

I start Summer School on Monday. I'm pretty excited about the class I'm taking, but it occurred to me the other day that I'll hardly ever get to see Isabella because I will always be at school when she and Megan go to the cabin. So, I got permission to take her out to eat and get ice cream after her 1 mile Rabbit Run this afternoon. The last time I took her out to eat we met my then boyfriend, Drew, at the restaurant. Isabella loved him and called him "Sue" because she couldn't pronounce his name right. She asked me at least ten times where he was and why he wasn't coming. Finally when we were leaving the restaurant I told her that we probablly weren't going to see Sue anymore because he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I was just so upset about it by then I didn't know what else to say. She just looked at me, and said, "Well that's okay we can just squeeze you two together (at this point she squeezed her hands together) and you will be friends again." You can't beat that kind of logic.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sometimes I think kids really are smarter than adults.

Stella talks all the time about all of us "going far far away to see Isabella and Grandpa Dan". And it really ought to be that simple even if it isn't.

Matthew said...

I really enjoy the child perspective that Stella has on those sorts of problems. The world can sure look a lot better from their perspective...

Dad said...

I guess when you take all the "adult logic and knowledge" out of the situation, the solutions really are quite simple.