Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I found a lady bug in my prepackaged organic spinach. It was still alive. That might be a little more organic than I wanted.

My job is going pretty well. Everyone is really chill and relatively friendly. One girl even said I smile a lot. That's almost definitely the first time in my life I've heard that. It was pretty ridiculously slow, my trainer and I had under ten tables and she still made $100 on a Tuesday night so that's pretty comforting. They have bussers, expeditors, food runners, bartenders and hosts so the waitresses really don't do that much. I might feel differently on a busy night, but right now I'm used to doing so much more that I had a hard time just standing there all night. That's pretty much what I did. Stood in one place all night. So I'm anxious to be fully trained and on the floor for my own tips. I'm scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights this week so I guess we'll see how well I hang in there on a busy shift.

I went to my landlords yesterday to see what it would entail to transfer my lease to another apartment on the premises. The manager said for me to talk to such and such person and stroked my arm and said, "Sorry, sweetie." I didn't even have to tell her who my roommate was or anything that has happened. She treats everyone this way. Then this morning I found a note on our front door from our managers saying they were sorry things weren't going well and to let them know if they can do anything to make my stay better. I thought that was really nice. It's unexpected to have landlords that are so understanding and willing to take that extra step to make you feel like your being taken care of.

A couple other good notes to leave on:

1- Check out this website. It makes me hungry and want to puke at the same time.
http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

2- Check out this youtube clip. It's older, so you may have already seen it. It's a classic though and says so many things I can't at times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

1 comment:

Megan said...

dude that kid is hilarious! it reminds me of josh after his surgeries.